Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Fireworks below


I love this time of year. I love this song. It's by a band called X and it was recorded (c) 1987.


She's waitin' for me 
when I get home from work
oh, but things ain't just the same

She turns out the light 
and cries in the dark 

won't answer when I call her name



On the stairs I smoke a 
cigarette alone 

Mexican kids are shootin' 
fireworks below

Hey baby, it's the Fourth of July
Hey baby, it's the Fourth of July 



She gives me her cheek 
when I want her lips 

but I don't have the strength to go

On the lost side of town 
in a dark apartment 

we gave up trying so long ago



On the stairs I smoke a 
cigarette alone 

Mexican kids are shootin' 
fireworks below

Hey baby, it's the Fourth of July 

Hey baby, it's the Fourth of July



What ever happened
I
apologize 

so dry your tears and baby 
walk outside,
it's the Fourth of July 



On the stairs I smoke a 
cigarette alone 


Mexican kids are shootin' 
fireworks below 


Hey baby, it's the Fourth of July

Hey baby, Baby take a walk outside

No comments: