Long Cab Ride to Red Bank Blues

Holy shit. Suddenly, again, everything is happening at once, Today was Lauren’s last with the agency, so the entire office went to Mr. Dennehey’s together this evening. I don’t think I’ve spent such a stretch of hours laughing so hard in my life. My smile was ear to ear, my gut feeling was black. I’m going to miss her.
As is my style (read:tradition), I brought her out, bought her drinks and took her home. Innocently. No pen. No company ink. Not even a pencil and eraser. Just sad to see a good friend go.
I took an NYC Yellow Cab home from Hoboken. $140 plus tip.
I just rediscovered my old blog, kind of. Red Bank Blues @ aol journals. They’re taking it offline at the end of the month. I’m having a hard time accessing some of those old snippets of unendurable angst. Any tips?
According to Ann, there’s talent there.
No comments:
Post a Comment