Friday, July 24, 2009

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay


Visually, I feel I’m hitting as artistic a peak as the gods will allow. Too bad I'm too shy to express this side of myself. I draw with chalks of pastel and it's a damn shame I don't have a coloring book. The visions I see are fucking magnificent. But that might be the fatigue talking. I’m reading The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay. A Pulitzer winning work of art. It totally rocks for a 600-page book. I highly recommend it to all. If your eyes can interpret letters into words, words into sentences, and sentences into thoughts, you deserve the rewards that this book will bestow upon you. This makes for mighty reading and satisfying contemplation. It’s about the liberation of mind through the expression of creativity. And the built-in limitations inherent. And the art of the forbidden idea of escapism. And, through Rosa and Joe, the ideal of love that can last a lifetime. I think. Still have 40 pages to go.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm buying this book now. Rock on!