Saturday, January 2, 2010

Let all us mites of mites upon motes of dust suspended in endless vacuum and protected by a thin layer of oxygen have a happy trip around the sun



Let's see how long we can go without bringing pain to another, thus glorifying ourselves.

This video played on an endless loop in the Saatchi atrium coffee bar for a few days this past year and I was mesmerized to the point of not being able to get much other thinking done. I watched it 50 or so times. I think it contributed to my decision to leave and do things that are a bit more on the fun side. I don't know why, how, or if I'm conscious sometimes. But if I'm aware of what's going on around me, there must be some reason behind it. I plan on indulging this motivation, gorging on its gift.


Watch and enjoy.

4 comments:

Mrs. L said...

So you're channeling Galileo these days via Carl Sagan? BTW, Mrs. Linklater will answer your question shortly.

PK said...

I was chasing Crosby, Stills and Nash while being mindful of Kundera. But I totally see what you're saying.

Can't wait to see the answer...

PK said...

I forgot to mention the Flaming Lips. "Do You Realize" does a nice job of summing up the video. Maybe someone should mash it with Mogwai's "Stop Coming to My House."

Joe said...

Cool video, I may even go so far as to say it is poignant.

Since you left S&S, what fun things that you speak of, have you done? Any trips planned to exciting, exotic locales? Thailand, Hong Kong, Budapest, Bangor, Detroit or New Delhi? Seriously, what's up your sleeve with all this time off?

Rock on!