Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hooked up already


I learned how to live on the Upper West Side yesterday. It involves arriving midtown, going to the Upper East to get your taxes done before the REAL deadline, downtown to Washington Square to get a Xanax Rx and to get introduced to a new pot dealer via a tax attorney, then going back to Lincoln Center to crash while doped up on cough medication. Nyqyilia. Eh, ha, ha.

I’m still a little amused and dumbfounded that my tax attorney hooked me up with a primo pot dealer who delivers on the UWS. I mean, he called her while he was doing my taxes to act as a reference for me. (She doesn’t deal with anyone unless they’re referred.) I haven’t even moved in and I have a source. I have her number. I could move to Lincoln Center next week, with three huge closets and a giant living area and bedroom, have a freezer full of weed, and a woman I’m in love with next door.

Sounds weird, eh?

3 comments:

Joe said...

New York City rocks, dude! You know how awesome that is to have your own place to call home in the city? Very awesome. When is the move-in party?

PK said...

Soon. But not, like, next week. You're on the guest list.

Joe said...

Great, thanks for guest-listing me. I'll be in NYC in early November for two days...maybe we can meet up. Dude you GOTTA get tickets for Guided By Voices at Terminal 5 on November 7th. The pre-show bar of choice for all Terminal 5 shows is Valhalla (815 9th ave, between 53rd and 54th). Awesome beer selection, and that's coming from me, a self-proclaimed beer snob.

Also planning to attend Dandy Warhols concert at Webster Hall November 6th. Pre-show bar is Park Bar, 15 East 15th Street (Union Square). Beer here is lacking, but they make a stellar Hendricks Gin martini.

We will party like it's 2099.