For Ann
You no longer own your memory. Or memories. You signed them over to your health insurance so that others would be spared your second-hand disposition of how life happens. Your health insurance mortgaged them to Intel, Google and/or Fox News. Your gray matter can now transform your finances into black or red.
Fix your memory. Make space for the future, or be doomed to endlessly relive the past. Make room for the future and prepare for unimagined delights, laughter, cooking experiments, and unparalleled support from a man who adores you.
Allow time for walks in the park, lunch in your neighborhood, and unlockable body intwinations at all hours of the night.

7 comments:
Happy sigh... (I never bought into health insurance)
Thank you. :)
For your kindness and enthusiasm, you get a free subject matter request. Lynn pays me to write. She seems to like it. She rocks and is so beautiful. Alysia, the woman who cuts my hair, gets a similar deal, though Lynn is far more beautiful. If you still like my writing, I will do so for you. Free.
Richard Gere meets Mickey Rourke.(Like, when they were both young... I don't know what in the hell happened to Mickey but he scares me).
I certainly and happily hope so. Will call soon.
Kind of leaves me in a quandry. Never wrote about Richard Gere and Mickey Rourke with a friend. Or anybody, for that matter.
Hi PK! Where you been, mang?
I love the writing in this blog entry, but I don't fully "get it." Did someone die? It sounds like death to me.
Erm, I don't want you to write about them, you remind me of them. American Gigolo meets Barfly.
I don't care what the subject matter is, just don't stop or I will be left with nothing good to read. Tall order, I know. :)
I think he is saying don't get caught up in the rat race and the stuff we've been *conditioned* to worry about. The most important things are the simple things (don't take them for granted). I could be wrong but that's what I got.
Post a Comment