Varicose roots 2
I was back in NYC Sunday morning, after getting stuck in the
post-tunnel traffic jam caused a bunch of leg proficient half-milers.
Inched my
way from the tunnel to Central Park South to 5th Ave to the 66th
St. causeway to get home.
Slept a
little.
Then studied and wrote for my court session.
The evidence was in my
favor, as it was naturally, and I knew I had a case to present.
I woke at 6:AM to get ready for court.
Ate cereal and fruit.
Went over my notes.
Made sure my briefcase was stocked.
Hit the subway with a
suit, sunglasses
and Coldplay’s “Midnight” pumping through my earphones.
Totally chill.
Arrived and took a seat.
Met a pro bono lawyer who had previously helped me.
He convinced me to abandon
the constructed script. I did.
Case dismissed with prejudice.
Got home via the 1 train and immediately began packing for a
stay at the hospital,
if not longer, at Mom and Dad’s house.
Good thing I did
that.
I stayed over at the hospital after the successful Monday surgery
into
Tuesday, when Dad was released.
Sleepless after almost three nights seeped in
early in the PM that night.
Tommy Xxxx. Jack Xxxx. 911. The neighbor
calling. Flagging down the ambulance. The EMT team.
Following the ambulance to
the ER. Fearing a flat tire. Talking to the nurse.
Bringing Dad home in the
Eclipse.
Total mental and physical exhaustion.

No comments:
Post a Comment