Friday, January 25, 2008

Did a Monkey help Marcia rub one out?


Monkeying Around YouTube

The guy who wrote the song Daydream Believer died this week.

When The Monkeys were in reruns, I liked this song.

It is, flat out, a great smelody (song + melody = smelody), staged in a funny, pre-MTV video context.

It's so catchy, anyone can sing it, it's so simple, anyone can play it.

Mickey Dolenz, the "drummer", parodies this by playing virtual tambourine while a drum set is visibly well within reach.

Then there's the way the way the whole pseudo band vamps for camera time at the end of the video, predating an irony that we all take for granted now.

I wonder how hard Davy Jones plowed Marcia in that Brady Bunch episode.

For some reason, they didn't include that part in the broadcast.

Maybe he only got to 3rd base.


UTube officially sucks. This is an impossible post to fully reference visually, so here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjV8YjDiwe8

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL..One of my favorite episodes...the other favorite was the one with Desi Arnaz Jr...

PK said...

I don't remember that one. But I'm sure it was meta-funny. Having said that...

Rule number 1 of JHM:
There is no JHM.

Rule number 2 of JHM:
No "I Love Lucy" references.

That is all. For now.

tasha said...

Ever notice how Axl Rose used the same dance move as dear Davey?