Saturday, May 24, 2008

Another nail in the coffin of work


Spent part of the week in Chicago -- actually Des Plains, IL. Uggh. Boring. Maybe San Diego will be better. Not just because it's San Diego...it's a little closer to Cabo than Des Plains. McDonalds museum vs. tequila shots on the beach with bikini babes. Do the homework. Do the math. Where am I more likely to bump into someone who likes me?

It was the weirdest thing...I had this song going through my head all day, You're Missing, by Bruce. But it was the cover version by Cowboy Junkies. The whole week was a fucking dream. I fell asleep on the train and missed my stop. Ended up wandering around Little Silver for a little while before my ride came to rescue me. My ride? A girl cop who recognized me from another time. Hot. Young. Packing heat. And she had a gun. She made sure I made it well into my place safely. But it was weird hearing the Shrewsbury cops trading off color jokes on their walkie talkies...I heard some not right things.

No comments: