Saturday, August 9, 2008

Jock Flap


Two things about NY sports right now—

First, Ryan Church, the outfielder for the Mets diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome (and therefore a brother of mine in the world of medical charts) has been cleared to play. The media is having a field day. Why? They don’t seem to care that I’ve been to work pretty much every day since I was diagnosed with the same damn thing.

Second, Brett Favre is now the QB on my favorite football team, the Jets. Chad Pennington, their now ex-QB, is on the Dolphins roster. What to do with my Chad Pennington Jets jersey? Keep it, for a game, like 10 years from now when it will be cool again to wear his jersey? Be a total tool and get a Favre jersey? Or just buy a green shirt and write “Jets” on it. No matter what, this development has the makings of a dramatic football season. I can’t wait.

I haven’t had this much fun with sports since I saw the most boring spring training game ever (Giants vs the A’s) in Phoenix this past spring. At least I had a nice date for that one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously..the Mets and the Jets...what kind of Jersey boy are you??? lol ;)

PK said...

Um, the Jets, like the Giants, play in Jersey. Plus, they're getting to be like the Red Sox (circa 2003) of the NFL.

Speaking of the Sox, they're still #1. I like the Mets. I love the Sox.

I invoked the Mets because one of their key players has the same number of brain-scattering bumps on his head as I have. I tune in to see how he is perceived.

How's it going?

Anonymous said...

All is well on this side. How are you?

PK said...

Dizzy. But otherwise awesome.

Anonymous said...

Do I need to break out the protective head gear for you?? Or is the dizziness just due to the after effects of the old injuries??