Friday, November 14, 2008



I am on the plus side of the money question. For now.

I was on the minus side of a six-armed jacket. Way back when.

I write alone effortlessly.

I write belabored, with company.

I mumble funny bacon recipies.

I’m humbled by people who can fake feelings.

I walk all day.

I can’t get my car to start. Time to buy a truck.

I want to stop working.

So I can get on with my life.

I work in the city.

I’m an insider looking in.

I live near the beach.

The commute is worth the money, but at what cost? I’m in the loss column.

Cue REM mandolin, Depeche Mode bass, a pocket full of bottle rockets tossed into a campfire and my distant perspective.


Consider this
The hint of the century
Consider this
The slip that brought me
To my knees failed
What if all these fantasies
Come flailing around
Now I've said too much


I’m losing… my own… personal religion. Boom, Boom, Boom-Boom, bah, Boom, bah, Boom da Boom, Bah, Boom, Boom, Boom…

I will deliver
You know I’
m a forgiver

IT’S LIKE RA-AIIIIN, ON YOUR WEDDING DAY. BLAH. BLAH.

I think I’m going to go for now.

2 comments:

Ann said...

This is good. As always. I heart bacon.

Joe said...

Seriously, I love the writing in this post, and also the way you wrote this post... it's a perfect combination of words and structure. I bet you wrote it alone. Rock on!