Friday, September 18, 2009

Scam within a scam at the San Gennaro Festival


I visited the San Gennaro Festival today and, yet again, bore witness to the wonder of a strange strain of Italian pride. I’ll focus this vignette on the dudes who were working the rigged basketball toss game while my friends and I were downing sausage and pepper sandwiches.

OK dudes who are working the rigged basketball toss game. We know that there is a hidden trampoline at the bottom of that laundry basket. It’s one of the oldest tricks in the book. I know. I used to work the Pt. Pleasant Beach boardwalk.

But do you have to conspicuously change your shirts in unison while trying to get old naive Asian grandmoms to play the game because everyone else on the planet knows your scam? Once you sink one, that ends the first dollar and you have to get the next one starting on another dollar in consecutively?

C’mon. I mean, y’all were fucking hairy and fat, with bigger tits than some of the hookers working the row. Trust us, the Big Pussy look is no longer in, if it ever was. And the writers of the Sopranos probably called it that look for a good reason. But you guys actually made an old Asian woman gag while she was playing when you proudly set forth your back hair. These women are not used to such macho displays of pubic hair on the shoulders. You made them associate guido with licking a clogged drain. Nice going. I’m sure all the cool people at the festival are looking forward to your next man boob sighting.

BTW, thanks for the $20 to hang out and make your game look legit.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Someone is cranky.

-A
:)

Wendy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR FRIEND!!! What is better than cake, presents and all eyes on you? Enjoy your day. :) ~Ann

Joe said...

*** HAPPIEST of HAPPY DAYS, PK! ***

You're an inspiration to us all.

Rock on!

Wendy said...

Haaa! I beat you here, Joe.

:P