Sunday, November 22, 2009

What are your favorite 5 songs this week?


Here are mine:

1. Wave of Mutilation - The Pixies
2. Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead
3. Nightswimming - REM
4. Fix You - Coldplay
5. Man Over - Robinella & the CC Band

For reasons I can't quite explain, the great weight of my list is seesawed toward melancholy. I don't know about y'all, but I'm sure more of you have better taste than I.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm kind of over all of those except for the Pixies and the last band which I've never heard of. Right now I'm into anything by the Black Keys, anything by the Avett Brothers and the latest that I heard was this crazy sound track to "An Anatomy of A Murder" (old black and white flick with Jimmy Stewart and George C. Scott)all of the music was incredible, lounge-y jazz done by Duke Ellington who also had a cameo in the movie.

Thanks for the invite to see the show. I wish. Enjoy it, PK, I know how much you love the band.

Joe said...

My current Top o' the Pops:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niKT-kJfUz4

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlykrHZKGWE

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_NVsPM87eI

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9xCibsXdqI

5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbyG9a40Ti0

Collect'em All!

Rock on!

PK said...

I'll be sure to check out both lists. You both have impeccably influential taste. Looks like I'd better update my own list, lest I sink into ever-retro purgatory.

I think you both might like Robinella, even though her songs are a few years old. It's front porch, rocking chair bluesy kind of stuff. Mellow, tale-telling, and a tad heartbreaking.