Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hey! I just wrote a Bruce song!


Clapboard Trixie


Can’t get her on,

Can’t get her off,

Try a little lube,

She starts to cough.


She’s got a back bunk trunk for a pair of spares,

You gotta yank yer crank to get her up there.


Can’t get her on,

Can’t get her off,

Try some glue instead of lube,

She starts to scoff.


She’s got a back bunk trunk for a pair of spares,

You gotta yank her crank to get her to swear.


Yeah she’s my Clapboard Yippie ol’ Trixie,

Yeah she’s my Clapboard Hippie ol’ Trixie.


Big trunk for all of my junk,

Big cab for all I can grab.


Yeah she’s my Clapboard Tipsy ol’ Trixie,

She’s the calm of my nerves,

She’s my Clapboard Tipsy ol’ Gypsy,

She’s the curve around you dare not ever swerve.


Can’t get her on,

Can’t get her off,

Try a little glue,

She starts to cough.


She’s got a back bunk trunk for a pair of spares

You gotta yank yer crank to get her up there.


(It's about a car, you pervs. Think "Pink Cadillac.")

2 comments:

Joe said...

This is great. When I read it, I hear the song, in my head, being sung by Bruce. However, it's got a kind of humor to it that doesn't quite sync up with the patented Springsteen delivery, though. I think these lyrics, this song, would be more at home on an album by The Hold Steady (who are basically Springsteen wannabees but they pull it off quite well...)

Rock on!

PK said...

Now that I read it, you're right. I was typing too fast to think otherwise.