Hand in glove
I’m seriously thinking about taking the next step with Lynn. The only problem is my temperament. I seem to become dissettled at the oddest things. Like if she laughs too hard at her own jokes. The better part of me says that she has an awesome sense of humor and is incredibly beautiful. The worse part of me says never laugh at your own jokes. She is blessed with grace and beauty and humor and she seems to – god only knows why – tolerate me. She drinks faster than I do, eats faster than I do, and looks better than I do naked.
There’s a coolness factor that’s not fitting into the puzzle, and I’m not sure if she has it. Frankly, I don’t care. But if I hold out, I’ll be forever alone.
There was a moment at the Met game yesterday that I didn’t fully appreciate until today. She, for no reason, gave me a hug and a kiss. I’m not used to this. The sun was white-hot gold, the sky was cerulean, and the grass was a massive manicured expanse of green. The home team won and it was as if it had happened in our own back yard (10 subway stops or so away.) It was a day to remember forever.
For those of you who have been married, are married, or wonderfully attached, shoot me some advice. I love her.
4 comments:
Ya, so I was starting to get the shakes.
PK, you are picky. Period. Personally,I like when people laugh at their own jokes (I laugh at my own jokes all of the time. I crack me up.)
As much as I complain about John in my writing, usually pms induced, it took me a long time to find someone that I love and am -in-love with and that I know, beyond a doubt, feels the same way. Our flaws, while annoying to each other, don't make or break our feelings. When it's right, you know it. Not settle for it. Listen to the little voice, it's usually bang on. When is her birthday? Day, month and year.
The voice says yes. Her birthdate is too private for a public blog, however. It does occur near a date in the spring that most American taxpayers dread. I gave her sapphire earrings to match her eyes. This was just before I left to go to Costa Rica.
More like "Sappyphire" Ahhh I crack myself up. Ok, done being a brat. Email it to me- again day, month, year - wh1368@aol.com. (On a sincere note, I'm happy that you have someone you're serious about.)
Do it, PK. If it turns out it's not right, there's always divorce.
Rock on!
Post a Comment