Treading spaces

How the fuck did I ever get like this? People have been coming to ME, of all people, for answers for way too long now. At least professionally, as in work. If I can’t answer my own questions, how can I answer those of others?
Good for me...I'm metaphorically elevated above all humanity. Yet I've been encouraged to venture untethered with nothing but a rudimentary steering apparatus and a self-contained breathing system. Not to mention zero access to a top-notch Manhattan martini, steak, pinot noir and port.
+
I’ve been holding it together—admirably, if I might add—for a while now. Sure, I pop a 0.5 mg Xanax every once in blue moon (probably nothing more than placebo effect) but it’s probably the over-contemplation of my place in this place that keeps me in my place.
I use this medium to give my ideas, musings, rants and tales a sounding board with mostly positive effect. Three of you out there know for sure I’m not bulletproof, and I appreciate that. Your comments are priceless. One of you knows almost first hand of my varied experiences because you almost share my professional position and pattern. Others are seemingly silent and still others have found me from Asia. Odd, but cool.
Guess what I’m saying is keep the care coming. I’ve lost far more than I’ve gained with this tiny plot of web real estate. And I need to figure whether it’s worth continuing, or to put my brain to different use. I’m dumb, but I happen to be an ok writer. I’m just a little rudderless in a still sea these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment