Thursday, June 26, 2008

Highs and Lows


This week has been about as up and down as it gets, at least on my scale, which is unapologetically epic.

Down: Orlando. (You can’t spell Orlando without Orland. Just the sense of being in the confines of the town hammered dissonantly on the memory of my once best friend taken from us way before her time. She died in the middle of a conversation. Nancy, the woman with the last name Orland was one of the best friends any one of you would pray for. Red Bank should have her name and mine stamped upon some future sidewalk of fame.)

Up: Ann. Waking Surreal.

Down: Work, epically.

Up: Coldplay at the Garden, backstage, after they screwed up about 6 songs. Hmmmm. I wonder why??? LOL.
I’m one of the ones who has seen through the ribald rose of X&Y. Where the fuck is Nirvana when you need them? I filled in the lyrics (in my head) to Fix You when Chris fucked them up. Then laughed at the words he made up.

Down: 1st row dugout tickets for Mets game. They lose, epically. Ump bumps manager. I look for score on Red Sox game, miss everything.

Up: The smiles and laughs of co-workers.

Down: Volume of work rises inexplicably, exponentially.

Up: An innocuous late afternoon coffee run with Lauren, Margaret and the ever mysterious Katherine. Never realized how blue her eyes were, or how big her boobs. Or how she kept looking behind to see if I was there, seemingly with a smile that encouraged a gaze toward her hips.

Down: The flattery of a 16th floor (the “Lovemarks” floor of Saatchi – google it) turns into a pile on me party, in a bad way. Why am I a whipping boy for accepting unrealistic deadlines that interfere with my planned days off?

Up: I get my day(s) off.

Continuará

No comments: