Saturday, March 21, 2009

15 stitches

I have a high pain threshold, but blood and needles suck. I have an operation coming up on Tuesday that I’ve been avoiding. I don’t want to talk about it. I need to have what amounts to a golf ball removed from my body. Nancy died. I'm afraid.

6 comments:

cw2smom said...

Ohhhh you poor thing! That does not sound pleasant, but you are tough and you'll be fine! Hang in there! And..we'll be waiting to hear the stories upon your return! Blessings and best wishes for an easy and pain free surgery/recovery! Lisa

Anne said...

V E R S E D..........it's the best anesthesia there is. You'll wake up and not even know you have had the operation. In fact, see if you can't score me some. Best sleep I've ever had. and BTW....you're not Nancy and you will survive. Anne

Anonymous said...

What's going on, PK? (Or should I say, what's coming out?) ;-)

You'll be fine. Rock On!

PK said...

I'm fine. Read the Pixies post. Every once in awhile we all get something weird going on. To me, this time it's physical. And concussion/scar tissue related, kind of. I just fucking hate being sliced open.

PK said...

Oh, and BTW, I'm not allowed midazolam (Versed)--I have "contraindications". I had it for my wisdom teeth, though, and it was great. Now that I think of it, I'm wondering why they didn't give it to me again. I had a nasty concussion about a year ago this weekend and that seemed to be their reasoning. And...the wisdom teeth predated the head bump. Duh. That must be why. If I still had the wisdom teeth, I guess I would have known that all along.

PK said...

And thanks, Lisa, Anne and Joe. I really appreciated your words.

Now that the meds have worn off and the stitches are tearing through my neck and I'm back from SoHo for the weekend, I actually feel cool enough to type with a a degree of coherency. It's getting kind of late though. Damn. I'm all jabber jawey now. "Jawey"-so much for coherency.