Born to...

Does anybody know the expected cover-to-cover/track by track album performance that will take place on the Thursday show of next week? Rumor says it will be Born to Run again. I really don't care as long as it isn't Born in the USA. I want Born to Run, as in the harmonica intro of Thunder Road to the last long stretch of violin, voice and major chords of Jungleland unbroken and untainted. I've seen the Boss perform many a show at the concrete monstrosity of a stadium bowl known as Giants Stadium 10, maybe 15 times. I just want to know what show I'm set to see this one last time before the wrecking ball hits. Sorry. It's a NJ thing when one considers the biggest rock star in America to surface after John Lennon's death and the fall of the towers; a dude who's played at least 55 times at the soft-infested clubs you go to, and knows the sad slam of an old screen door flapping shut on the Backstreets of Jungleland. You know, the same dude who you see time to time in Jack's Music buying discs or walking down Ocean Ave. in Sea Bright, looking like he needs a ride. I saw him christen the Meadowlands with The River, I'd like to see him turn the curtain with a splash.
No comments:
Post a Comment