Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ultra-rare opportunity

Anyone want to go see the Pixies this week? They're playing the Hammerstein Ballroom. Rumor has it they'll be playing 2 versions of my fave song ever, "Wave of Mutilation".

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm giving you the finger.

PK said...

Why? Wanna go? We can watch them sing "Un chien andalou" from Debaser and watch me swoon to Wave of Mutilation. I'll buy you wine. Or Makers Mark. Or we can say hi to Squirty McWetspot. Whatever floats your cloud.

Boy, do I have a story about last night. But I'll save that for an entry.

PK said...

BTW, that's very Kim Deal of you. Major attraction.

Joe said...

I had tickets for the Nov. 25th Pixies show. Sold them on Ebay last week. Turns out I can't make it in to the city that night... however, an excellent alternate plan fell into place: Nicole Atkins that same night at the Stone Pony... just a couple miles from my house. She's no Pixies, but she's freakin' awesome in her own right.

Oh, and if you are local on November 28th, PK, please come see Chris Harford & The Band of Changes at The Saint. You will leave with your jaw on the floor.

And the next night, Sunday November 29th, hope to see you at the Lizard Music reunion show @ The Downtown Cafe (Upstairs).

Lizard Music, an early-to-mid-90's Red Bank-based band is phenomenal... they split up about 15 years ago, but since then 3 of the guys in Lizard Music have moved on to greater things: Mike Jorgensen plays keys in Wilco, Erik Paporazzi plays bass in Cat Power, and Chris Guice plays something in Del Sol. Seriously awesome band Lizard Music is. (Heh, I sound like Yoda.)

Enjoy your mutilation, mang. Rock on!