Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Snow fling

You are looking at the hardware that cannot be bought at Lowe's or Home Depot. You are looking at the greatest snow removal tool ever when deftly used. You are looking at a Cooper Hockey Stick, circa 1995, taped, taped again, and then retaped. When I say deftly, I mean be careful with your car's finish. When I say greatest snow removal tool ever, I mean gliding down your driveway in Docs slashing everything in your path. It is dry now and resting comfortably on my bed. I'll put it on the porch soon because I want to sleep soon. But I felt it deserved an hour or two of rest after the hell I put it through today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha i never thought to use a hockey stick (given that i don't own a hockey stick). i usually opt for the broom, which turns out to be useless. i just bought myself one of these http://blog.gifts.com/giftrap/categories/home-garden-gifts/let-it-snow and they really do work! consider buying one for your car before the next snow comes along. hope this helps!

PK said...

Good advice. Anonymous usually sends comments from FL--not exactly a winter wonderland. I'll take clues on who this anon is.

PK said...

To whomever anon is: Thanks. It snowed last night and I had to facilitate a hasty car clearing to pick-up my New Year's gear before a couple of shops hung up the closed sign for the day. Fortunately, Amazon delivered a new shovel and the car brush/ice scraper you recommended just as I was readying the hockey stick for another game against the snow. Took me 5 minutes to clear the car and made it to the Shrewsbury tailor and cobbler shop with time to spare. You rock.