Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Time flies


I was 15 when MTV hit my eyes.

I was 17 when I moved into a dorm.

I was 19 when The Breakfast Club came out.

I was 21 when the Joshua Tree was released.

I was 24 when I got my first serious job.

I was 25 when I sprung for my first abortion.

I was 26 when I paid for my second.

I was 27 when Cobain died.

I was 30 when Natalie turned from tits to ellipses…

I was 34 before I ever got fired

I was 35 when I got rehired

I was 36 when the skyline smoked souls

I was 37 when they sent me to the loony bin

I was 38 when I met Christine
(She sent me nude pics. I think I destroyed them to save her marriage. She also knelt down to give me oral. I said no that night. But then we slept together a week later. And then it was a year later. Then two years later. And two gallons of elation here and there sloshing in her womb. Not to mention my sheets and mattress).

I was 39 when we imploded. Even though we were still hanging out together.
(Those days we took the train together into NYC, talking and smiling and appreciating how we would ever exist in the secrecy of memory).

2 comments:

Joe said...

Continue that, PK. Add 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, etc.

Anonymous said...

45, 46, 47,48 - got some catching up to do. And stories to tell. I think Lynn needs to meet someone who's known me far past the beginning of her and me. If for nothing else to comfort her. She thinks I'm a heathen rockstar wasted substance abuser who is perpetually stoned. Ha ha. How did that idea ever stick in her mind. Ha ha.