Devouring tempo and heat
There was a time not too long ago when the Fine Young Cannibals song “She Drives Me Crazy” took a foothold in my consciousness. It was for none of the below mentioned girlfriends. It was kind of in general.
It had a wickedly effective drum and bass and rhythm guitar groove.
The song made me horny.
Their rendition of, “Suspicious Minds”, the 7 minute dance mix, had sort of the same effect. Plus, it was a particularly inventive Elvis cover.
When I say “not too long ago”, I’m being ambiguous with purpose.
1 year, 5 years, 10, 15? Who is to judge?
When I say the songs made me breathe the accelerated shallow depth of deep passion, I am not not being purposely ambiguous.
The yearning desire for passion inherent in both do not pass me by. And still do not, to this day. I think “Suspicious Minds” can be adopted into a dramatic, expressive 4/8 passionate profile tango with ease and pressing passion on the empty floor of an atelier. With a woman willing to tango in a dark room heated and lit with a fireplace three centuries old. Our silhouettes cast in dark shadow against an orange glow-- ambiguity in contrast with illumination.
No comments:
Post a Comment