After all these eons

Cortex vs brain stem? Brain stem still wins every time. We’re more primal than we’d like to think.
Read "Snow Crash", by Neal Stephenson. You’ll eventually get it. That dude nailed the convergence of biology, technology and religion. Fuck. As a professional persuader, I always go for the brain stem. My cohorts think the cortex is the way to go. They’re wrong. We’re all motivated by the primal. Still. After all these years.
6 comments:
Sounds interesting. Stem or cortex? It's like love and marriage; you can't have one without the other! Anne
Go stem. It flows with tide out into cell structure, binary code and our Towers of Babel. The holy trinity of disparity, fused into base functions.
Knowledge that hits stem can evolve up and through cortex. Knowledge that hits cortex does not always reach stem.
The pilot: the right person for the right job at the right time... how little that happens, its so amazing when it does.
"Professional Persuader" I like that! Try to say it 5 times fast.
Just wanted to add another Ann to the comment thread. :)
Hmm, cortex vs brain stem, how about blocked carotids & clouded sensorium? That is most of what I get around here if I ask, oh say a question that absolutely needs to be answered. ~Mary
Funny you say that, Mary.
A few years ago I had an ultrasound on the suspicion of a blocked carotid. (Persistent earache.) It came out negative.
I was then speculatively diagnosed with clouded sensorium after it was found I had a touch of synesthesia.
Post a Comment